The Freedom Market
Studio South, Free Range Juice, and Made are excited to introduce Williamsburg's very own - The Freedom Market + Fall Clothing Swap. This is where your shopping + swapping fights human trafficking.
Consider yourself invited:
Come on out on Saturday, October 19th from 12-4pm to Studio South and Free Range (they are right next-door to each-other) for a drink, the best avocado toast in town, to swap your old out for something new, and to shop from a few amazing local artisans and businesses.
What is A21?
The mission of A21 is to end slavery. They are a nonprofit organization fueled by radical hope that human beings everywhere will be rescued from bondage and completely restored. They are on a mission to abolish slavery everywhere in the 21st century - slavery of all kinds: sex trafficking, forced labor, bonded labor, child soldiers, and involuntary domestic servitude. Human trafficking is destroying lives, but freedom will have the final word.
The Clothing Swap Guidelines:
- It costs a $5 donation to A21 to participate in the Fall Clothing Swap.
- This Clothing Swap will have women's and men's attire. One day, we will try one for the kids.
- We will take up to 10 items per person. Items need to be gently used and quality pieces (no pills, stains, rips) and can include clothing, shoes, and accessories. No undergarments or bathing suits, please. Also, if possible - bring your clothing items on hangers. This will greatly help the admin process.
- For every item you bring, you will get a ticket to pick something in exchange.
- We will begin taking in items at 12pm and picking out will begin at 12:30pm. However, you can drop off and pick out all throughout the Market and event, so no worries if you can't be there at 12pm. There should still be plenty.
RSVP, share, and find out more information at our Facebook event page.